[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Durova's real name

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu May 22 19:12:12 UTC 2008

In a message dated 5/21/2008 4:25:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
george.herbert at gmail.com writes:

Trying  to get support for a policy exception for not identifying
people who don't  want to be identified, just because somewhere out
there in the world is  info (that they put out there or not) that
connects the dots, *just* for  this one case to avoid an indef on a
problematic if positive contributor,  is a mistake.>>

-------------------------

And no one has *advocated* for such a position.
I questioned the situation, that is all.

"Durova, in an interview, posted on YouTube, states her own real full   name.
The identification of Durova, is now strewn widely across the   internet.
Can we not repeat her own real full name in-Wiki ?"

Now the one mistake I made was that she doesn't actually self-identify as
both parts.  It is the person who loaded the video who marked it, in it's
headline, with the two names jointly.

Couldn't she simply complain to YouTube to take it down?
(This is a QUESTION, not advocacy ;)))
Will Johnson

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.