[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Durova's real name

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed May 21 19:28:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:05 AM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
> nawrich at gmail.com writes:
>> FT2 has  repeated that the block on Eleemosynary will be lifted if he/she
>> agrees not  to repeat the real names of pseudonymous editors.
>>
>> What further object  do you hope to achieve?
>
> To be an instrument in bringing a valued editor back into the  project.

Your engagement and discussion here doesn't seem to be oriented
towards that goal, however.

There are two ways to do that:

1. Convince Eleemosynary to abide by the behavior restrictions FT2
noted, which are existing policy and applicable to the situation as
described.

2. Explain enough of the situation accurately that people can look
into it themselves, determine if there was a policy or admin behavior
violation involved, and work to convince either FT2 or the admin
community to reverse that decision.

What you did was not applicable to 1 and not sufficient for 2, and now
that I have enough information I doubt that 2 is appropriate as a
solution anyways.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com