[WikiEN-l] How useful is arbcom

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Sun May 18 02:01:55 UTC 2008

I do not really see what purpose arbcom serves anymore.

It clearly is incapable of resolving disputes. But now it is starting to be
the source of disputes.

I tried creating a redirect to a former case (for the convenience to
reference to this old case which has a rather long title). That redirect was
promptly deleted (by an arbitrator I believe). Deletion was not based on a
speedy deletion criteria. In addition deleting admin wasn't even willing to
discuss this to date. My post to ANI over this was shut tight.

On a different note I was trying to seek restructuring RfAR page. As in
technically chipping out appeal part of the page (which now occupies a
greater amount of space than actual requests). I am told was attempted not
too long ago. The attempt failed only because arbitrators and clerks did not
like it - or so I am told. For seeking to change it despite the
arbitrator/clerk apathy towards people who have a very slow internet
connection my initiative was labeled as trolling.

If I am not even allowed to change/criticize the technical aspects of arbcom
and if such an attempt hits an iron curtain I wonder how useful arbcom is on
actual controversies.

So I really do not really see what purpose arbcom serves anymore.

    - White Cat