[WikiEN-l] Interesting Sunday Times article on privacy

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon May 12 22:15:12 UTC 2008

In a message dated 5/12/2008 3:00:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ansell.peter at gmail.com writes:

Noone  said you have to be a luddite to overcome the problem.
Newspapers  hypothetically could publish any random story>>

--------------------
But could a newspaper get away with a story like this:

"Somewhere near Chicago, a man shot his wife.  He worked in some sort  of
factory, and they may have had two to four children".

The extent to which BLP'ers or rather "tendentious editors who think they
are following BLP" is just ridiculous. "Oh you only found the name in 20
newspaper articles? Well you'll need to find it in... um.. three hundred.   That's
our new criteria."

When a hundred outlets report that Jennifer Aniston has a new boyfriend,  and
we don't, we are not fooling anybody.  We just look stupid and  lazy.  We are
not protecting anyone's privacy by ignoring what everyone has  already read
somewhere else.  Or what you can find out with three google  searches.

Will Johnson

favorites at AOL Food.