[WikiEN-l] go process wonks!!!1 (was rah rah ree, kick 'em in the knee, or not)

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Sat May 10 21:27:04 UTC 2008

I have just noticed that a few days ago, a user removed the names of
several women from a certain "MILF actress" category [1], but he was
summarily reverted and threatened with a block for acting outside of
normal CFD procedure.

'''If you depopulate a category while it's under discussion at CFD,
you may be blocked and possibly have your AWB priviledges [sic]
temporarily or permanently revoked.'' '[2]

That's right, even for categories which have no business existing to begin with.

Maybe we can at least add

> <includeonly>__HIDDENCAT__</includeonly>

to the {{cfd}} template, or better still add

> {{#ifeq:{{NAMESPACE}}|Category|__HIDDENCAT__}}

to {{cfd}} and {{prod}} and all {{db-whatever}} templates.

this would keep dubious categories out of articles without tampering
with the list of members (articles, subcats) which the cfd
participants will often want to peruse.

—C.W.

[1] I believe this was a BLP issue in every case (otherwise it would
be too disgusting to think about o.O)
[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Koavf&diff=210421337&oldid=210416959