[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] Lobby takeover of wikimedia projects, particularly English wikipedia

Relata Refero refero.relata at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:18:05 UTC 2008

Nobody is running in circles in panic, because no major disruption took
place - it has been pointed out that on this occasion we were fortunate. We
need not have been.

We have the opportunity to learn from this. The attitude that "we have
weathered this storm before" is not helpful because, as has been pointed out
repeatedly in the thread that you must have - er - skimmed, this approach
has been qualitatively different from COFS, and their aims were broader than
those of the average sockmaster.

As for LaRouche, ArbCom passed a ruling regulating mention of
LaRouche-inspired material in non-LaRouche articles. That is obviously
inapplicable here as well.

RR