[WikiEN-l] Widespread disagreement with Wikipedia:Verifiability

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 19:20:29 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/31/2008 11:40:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
arromdee at rahul.net writes:

You are  arguing that the rules should be followed.  My point is that the
rules
produce an undesirable result in this  case.>>

Sure and those people who don't like what the rules say explicitly will
always cite IAR.  IAR becomes the fall-back position whenever a  position is
challenged.  Only perhaps the most vocal upholders of IAR  really believe that we
should IAR in any case with which we personally don't  agree.

The most common approach, IMHO, in a case like this, is to try to gain
consensus for your position, instead of merely charging ahead  with IAR'ing.

Will Johnson

Home.