[WikiEN-l] Idea from Citizendium: list of corrections

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:51:16 UTC 2008

> http://en.citizendium.org/wiki/CZ:Proposals/Self-Correction_Policy
>
> Hmmm. I can see it being nice, I can see it being unmanageable and
> full of noise. Your thoughts? What would English Wikipedia do with
> something like this?
>

> - d.

An interesting idea, but I cannot see it working on Wikipedia.  A good chunk
of the correcting that happens relates to BLP problems, which clearly we
don't want to put into a nice big list. Probably our History tab serves the
function as well, as it gives times and dates of edits and can be used to
determine how long a particular segment of information has remained in an
article. Having a separate list makes more sense in a restricted editing
environment, but it does not seem workable on our open editing project, at
least not until all edits are prescreened for validity. Even with stable
versions, I don't see that happening for a very long time.

Risker