[WikiEN-l] Deletions snapped up by commercial organizations

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 23:54:13 UTC 2008

On 3/25/08, Eugene van der Pijll <eugene at vanderpijll.nl> wrote:

> Ron Ritzman schreef:
>
> > The guy with the commercial project is not "our buddy". He's someone
>  > with a beef against Wikipedia. Nobody here is in cahoots with this
>  > guy.
>  >
>  > He probably gets the articles by monitoring AFD for articles about
>  > businesses being considered for deletion and grabbing it before it
>  > gets deleted.
>

> No, he requests and receives these articles from admins. See
>  http://wikipediareview.com/index.php?showtopic=16524 .
>
>  Nothing wrong with that.

Well, however it's done my point is that there is no grand conspiracy
to delete articles and then offer to bring them back somewhere else
for a "price" as the OP has charged. The OP needs to know that Greg
Kohs is not affiliated with WP even if he does get deleted articles
from admins the same way anybody else can. Deleted articles are not
passed "under the table" to "a *buddy's* commercial project".