[WikiEN-l] Extended Articles/Subpages

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 17:39:44 UTC 2008

On 18/03/2008, Philip Sandifer <snowspinner at gmail.com> wrote:

> That's very similar to the Citizendium method - my hesitance about it
>  is that extensible interfaces can be a problem for us - it's much of
>  what went wrong with categories.

Work is going into category intersections, so that they'll work more
like tags - and the present querulously microscopic
sub-sub-sub-sub-categories will instead be formed from the
intersection of broader tags. This is particularly at the begging and
pleading of Commons - tagging looks like a really good way to index
and search on media - so the bugs will be worked out there.

- d.