[WikiEN-l] [WikiEn-l] Why do edit conflicts suck so much?

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:54:14 UTC 2008

On 25/02/2008, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why is the edit conflict process so painful? When I get EC'd, it usually
>  takes 20-30 seconds to work itself out and I typically get a JavaScript
>  error to boot. Isn't there an easier way of handling edit conflicts that
>  doesn't shut down a browser for up to 30 seconds on a brand new machine?

Oh I hardly notice them.  I quite often just grab whatever it was I
was writing and then wind back to the original page.reload and restart
the edit and paste it in.  Takes a few seconds but it's usually easier
than using the conflict resolution page.

I've never understood why people annotate edit conflicts "(EC)" on the
talk page.  What is the reader supposed to do about it?