[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Wikitech-l] SUL pilot

Angus McLellan angusmclellan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 20:32:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:15:14 EDT WJhonson at aol.com writes:
>  Admins should never be given precedence on *any* thing.
>  Admins should have no special position within the community.
>
>  By doing so, you create a two-tiered, have and have not society.
>
>  This is not what Ayn Rand wanted, nor what she advocated.
>
>  It is however what the Communist Party advocates.
>
>  So which, of those two would you choose?

I applaud your decision to look for a new form of argument. The old
assert, evade when asked for evidence, assert, ... loop was rather
tedious.

That said, I'm not sure that recourse to false dichotomy, appeal to a
dubious authority, and pre-emptively comparing smearing anyone who
might disagree, is necessarily a great improvement in terms of
advancing the debate.

For and on behalf of the faceless apparat,

203730