[WikiEN-l] threats of violence

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 00:52:51 UTC 2008

We've had this other "essay" for a while:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Responding_to_threats_of_harm

That was formerly the WP:SUICIDE policy I did, extended by others in several
ways, including adding handling of threats of violence.  It's documenting
the standing best practices without asserting it's a formalized policy, as
two attempts to do a formalized policy via policy process melted down.  I
just did the essay to note what responsible people were doing and why, and
that seemed to be completely controversy free.

Bstone is pushing his proposed policy below for reasons which are only clear
to him.  I asked him why his was preferrable to the existing one (turning it
into a policy if people wanted) and he hasn't really answered that.

-george