[WikiEN-l] How to do something about AFD

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:20:12 UTC 2008

On 11/03/2008, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> The coordinated attempts seem to be going in both directions.  If one
>  group of people can join to delete articles without all of them
>  necessarily even reading them, others can do similarly to keep them.
>  At present the process is set to favor the deletors.

You need a 2/3rds majority at least to delete. Clearly you are using a
definition of favor unknown to the rest of the English speaking world.

> Perhaps some of
>  the people objecting to efforts to support articles want to continue
>  it that way.  The keepers are not disrupting the process, they are
>  trying for equal treatment.

The schoolwatch mob had had equal treatment we would have far fewer
school articles.

>  The first step in reform would be to not merely permit but require
>  fair notice to all groups and individuals interested in an
>  article--notice before the discussion even begins, to minimize the
>  effect of immediate pile-on deletes.

You are free to inform whatever interested parties exist. It is
unreasonable to expect volunteers to do so.

> The second would be to make
>  repeated attempts at deletion symmetrical with repeated attempts to
>  re-insert: to require prior permission from a separate process for a
>  second AfD after a keep.

No. You are free to go to vfu until people get fed up with you. Same as afd.

--
geni