[WikiEN-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Mon Mar 10 20:43:53 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com>
To: English Wikipedia <wikien-l at lists.wikimedia.org>
Sent: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 11:51 am
Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

I note that carrying ads would mean we would be profiting from cases
of copyright infringement, libel, defamation etc. on our site, which
might be detrimental to our ability to easily wriggle out of lawsuits.

-Matt

We actively identify and remove cases of copyright infringement when we find them, or when we are notified.
That should be enough.

The front-page copyright cases are those where, even after notification
the infringer *did not* or *refused* to comply with a
valid copyright-infringement c&d

Will Johnson