[WikiEN-l] Why are images deleted in such a hurry?

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Mar 10 18:53:15 UTC 2008

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008, Chris Howie wrote:
> >  Knowing what a company's logo looks like is itself a piece of important
> >  information about the company, just like knowing what state its headquarters
> >  is in or what product it makes.  You don't need to discuss the logo in order
> >  for the logo to provide information about the company.
> I do agree with your position here, but I feel the need to point out a
> flaw in this reasoning.  If this position translates to album covers
> (and I'm not saying you think so) where an album cover is included
> because it identifies the album, then why not the individual songs?
> They identify the album too.

The individual songs identify the album in the literal sense that there's
only one album with that particular combination of songs, but they don't
identify it in the ordinary sense.  A K-Mart ad for the album won't include
the text of the song.  It isn't printed on the outside of the casebox and it's.