[WikiEN-l] The Economist on "notability"

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 11:38:39 UTC 2008

A good current example of (IMO problematic) deletionist arguments can
be found at [[Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Mockingbird Don't Sing]]
-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Mockingbird_Don%27t_Sing

- in which several people argue that the article on a movie be deleted
DESPITE IT MEETING THE "NOTABILITY GUIDELINE" ALREADY ESTABLISHED,
with comments like:

* "I don't especially like the trend of article creation for seemingly
every banal film coming down the pipeline these days, and here we can
actually do something about it"
* "We're trying to build a better encyclopedia, and the presence of
this article isn't helping, which is why it should go, even if it
happens not to transgress WP:FICT"
* "If anyone voting "keep" has something other than WP:ILIKEIT, let's hear it"

-Matt