[WikiEN-l] The Economist on "notability"

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 9 09:07:32 UTC 2008

Screamer wrote:
> Kurt,
>
> You line by line short responses "So what?" are not contributing
> anything helpful to good debate or discussion.

You could try answering them. I really don't see why we should care what
Google "thinks" of Wikipedia as a whole or any of its articles
individually, so asking "so what?" makes perfect sense to me here.

IMO the only important issue is whether someone who searches Wikipedia
for a particular piece of information will get the information they're
looking for. If they do, we win. If they don't, we fail. The most that
"cruft" can do to interfere with this is to make disambiguation pages a
bit longer. That hardly seems like a major hindrance.