[WikiEN-l] CAS Discourages Using SciFinder to Help Curate Wikipedia

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Mar 9 07:17:10 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/8/2008 11:02:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu writes:

I find  most disturbing that you would want information in Wikipedia when  the
author has explicitly stated that they do not want it  there.>>
And I find it "most disturbing" that you think this is valid
counter-argument.
What one author (or many) wants, should have no bearing whatsoever on the
pursuit of scholarly research.

When I cite you, I do not ask nor do I require your permission to so do.  Not
only don't I require it, but if you complain, I'll just cite your complaint
as well so everyone can see how foolish you're being :)

It's all in good taste of course.  All right-thinking people agree  with me.