[WikiEN-l] CAS Discourages Using SciFinder to Help Curate Wikipedia

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 07:05:48 UTC 2008

On Mar 9, 2008, at 3:01 AM, Brian wrote:

> I find most disturbing that you would want information in Wikipedia
> when the
> author has explicitly stated that they do not want it there.

God help us if you start dealing with BLPs regularly.

ACS is a non-profit professional organization devoted to promoting
knowledge of chemistry. Their work is utterly relevant to our coverage
of the topic. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try to get along with
them, but we're certainly not going to be held hostage to their view
on what aspects of chemistry we can and can't cover either.

-Phil