[WikiEN-l] The Economist on "notability"

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 00:50:09 UTC 2008

On Mar 7, 2008, at 1:02 PM, Ian Woollard wrote:

> On 07/03/2008, Kurt Maxwell Weber <kmw at armory.com> wrote:
>>> and scope.
>>
>> Which should be "everything that exists."
>
> We already have that project under way. It's called the 'Internet'.
>
> Please feel free to use it instead of projects that try for more
> uniformly higher quality such as the wikipedia.

That's unfair on a number of levels.

The problem with our plot summaries and trivia sections has little to
nothing to do with their quality - in fact, they're usually quite good
for plot summaries and lists of odd connections.

Second of all, when we delete such things, they do not go elsewhere.
Generally, we destroy those resources utterly. It is not as though we
are duplicating content on those fronts.

-Phil