[WikiEN-l] The Economist on "notability"

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Sat Mar 8 00:39:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Ben Yates <ben.louis.yates at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Wikipedia is uniquely positioned to be an engine of more general wiki
>  growth, where articles at its defined lower limit are siphoned off
>  somewhere else.  If that sort of thing is implemented properly, with
>  the possibility of easily moving stuff in and out (and leaving a
>  trail), it could be very cool.

Yes, very! This should really be a priority.

Another criteria I have always liked better than notability is
utility, [[Wikipedia:Utility]]. Would this information be useful? Is
it likely to be accessible elsewhere? etc. Still maintaining proper
sourcing of course.

Judson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cohesion