[WikiEN-l] How many page views does a given article get?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 14:46:36 UTC 2008

> http://stats.grok.se/
>
>  These are from new logs gathered from the squids. Enter an article and see!

Very, very interesting. This tool has the potentially to seriously
shape discussions about notability and the benefit of retaining
certain articles. Going through the list of articles I started, I see
a big range from less than five per day up to several hundred. I think
my most popular article is [[Female urination device]]. Recently
deceased people do well. Anything pop culture does well. Roads, parks,
long forgotten historical figures do badly.

Is it possible to get information about the source of the hits? In
particular, I would like to exclude the noise of editors. When a
Wikipedian looks at an article it's very different to when a random
googler does so.

Steve