[WikiEN-l] Why are images deleted in such a hurry?

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 03:35:38 UTC 2008

I'm not sure what the point of saying this is, since the sheer numbers
involved in these categories require dealing with them somewhat
mechanically. Indeed, one could imagine a bot which ran through uses
of a particular infobox (say that for railroads) and tagged the image
with a proper fair use rationale if was not otherwise tagged. Whether
we would approve such a bot is beside the point, because a human doing
the same work would do something of the same thing. They would just do
it more slowly, which is sort of the point of the whole discussion.