[WikiEN-l] further response to Erik

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 02:19:44 UTC 2008

While we are at it, I suppose that now, Erik, you also reject the old edit
war you were engaged in on the Bomis article as to whether it was  pornography:

_http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bomis&diff=32643882&oldid=32643701_

(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bomis&diff=32643882&oldid=32643701)  is  just one example

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bomis#Links_to_archived_Bomis_inactive_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Bomis#Links_to_archived_Bomis_inactive)

I find this quote from you in the following section especially telling of a
sudden change in tone:

"First, as I've said to you, this is about documenting the history of _Bomis_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomis)  truthfully,  follwing the NPOV and not
using euphemisms. Due to Wikipedia's affiliation with  Bomis, Wikipedians'
loyalty to Jimmy Wales, and the press interest in this  history, it is easy to
violate our most sacred policies when dealing with this  topic. I must encourage
all contributors to edit these articles with our  policies in mind. There are
no special exceptions to NPOV."

Oversight, anyone?