[WikiEN-l] Why are images deleted in such a hurry?

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:16:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 10:09 AM, cohesion <cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
> Thousands of bad images get  uploaded every week, there is simply
>  no way to give each one 20 minutes of editor time to review.

The flaw in this reasoning is that it was not a recently uploaded
image - it's been on the site for almost two  years.

> This one was deleted because it claimed to be fair use, but didn't link
>  to any article. That may seem extreme, but when we are dealing with
>  thousands of images the work really has to rely on the uploader.

Linking to the article has only recently been required.  Imposing new
rules and then expecting someone who uploaded an image 2 years ago to
still be on the site to make that change is rather ludicrous.

-Matt