[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 10:28:21 UTC 2008

On 04/03/2008, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:

> Album or book covers are likely categories where we would have large
> numbers of images.  Does it not seem strange that given the number of
> album coves illustrated on the net there is a complete absence of cases
> about album covers from an industry that is so famously litigious about
> copying its music? Maybe there's an unspoken industry standard.

Yeah, they'd know that they'd lose if they brought a case because of
negligible impact and that including book and album covers in even
vicious reviews is common practice. (And in music, I've personally had
legal noises from record companies about *positive* reviews that said
something about the artist that the PR department considered
off-message.)

- d.