[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Mar 4 05:32:11 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/3/2008 9:28:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
WJhonson at aol.com writes:

With all  the hand-wringing over book covers and album covers and
distributed
pictures of living people, you'd think we'd hear about all these   supposed
lawsuits and costs and C&D's.  And what we actually hear  is  complete
silence.>>

Just to add a bit to my own post.
As an author, if someone cited my work, even including the book cover art I
would be *thrilled*.  I wouldn't be suing, I'd be thanking them.   There's no
lost income from that sort of copy, it in fact, creates new income,  be
interesting people in the work so they will want to get it.

An album cover does not replace the album, and the artist whose album art  is
copied laughs all the way to the bank as more people are re-introduced to
some old 70s work or something.