[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Mar 3 00:52:57 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 4:49:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
scs at eskimo.com writes:

Certainly.  And my reading is that the community consensus is  very
firmly against fair-use content, and indeed all nonfree  content.>>

That's unfortunate because our Non-free policy does not actually state  this.
So I'd say this reading is flawed.

As Geni pointed out we have 200K of fair use images in Commons.
So it would seem that community consensus is not "very firmly against
fair-use content".
Wouldn't you.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)