[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 22:10:35 UTC 2008

On 02/03/2008, WJhonson at aol.com <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
>  And this position makes no sense.
>  There is no contract law in "asking someone to take a picture for  you"

Really? Who holds the copyright on such a pic? If you argue for no
contract then the situation is easy to deal with. The person who took
the picture holds the copyright thus the camera owner can't upload to
wikipedia and any such image should be deleted. However in your email
dated 2 Mar 2008 08:14 you described such deletions as "ridiculous
behaviour" which means you must think there is some form of valid
implied contract in such an action. Perhaps there is as I said I don't
know but it is an issue of contract law.

>  Please point to some case, in contract law, where a random stranger, sued
>  the person they were taking a picture of, because they didn't get permission or
>  whatever you're saying.

As I said no established case law. That doesn't mean there isn't law
in this area just makes it hard to be sure what it is.

--
geni