[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 21:57:19 UTC 2008

On 02/03/2008, WJhonson at aol.com <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
>  Yes we know that your argument is to constantly beat the free drum.
>  That just isn't our policy.  We do allow fair use images, and that  isn't
>  going to stop based on this discussion.

I never suggested it should. For example I feel that the case for
including a fair use image in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nighthawks
is pretty solid.

>  Perhaps you can address the discord between our fair-use policy and your
>  position?

Our EDP if fully applied would probably result in the deletion of
about 90% of our remaining fair use outside a few very generic things
like company logos. At the present time I believe there is little to
gain by applying it to that extent and the problem can be better dealt
with through other means. One the current lot of betacommandbot tag
images have been delt with I would suggest we will have archived as
much cleanup of fair use images as can reasonably be expected at this
time.

--
geni