[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 21:32:32 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 1:30:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
geniice at gmail.com writes:

Extremely useful one. The quality of the average fair use rational  for
a pic on a living person bio is basically crap and since there  is
almost never any criticism or comment on the actual picture in  the
article the odds of building a worthwhile fair use case are  basically
zlich. Thus technicaly they could be nailed under EDP section  10)C but
since that would involve trying to teach your average internet  user
about fair use law it is far less effort all round to zap them  under
EDP section 1)>>

I don't really address issues by what is "less effort".  I try to  address
them by what would enhance the project more. I'm not sure referring to  our
valued editors contributions, even if not well-informed, as "basically crap"  is a
useful position to take.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)