[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 21:01:05 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 12:56:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dgerard at gmail.com writes:

I'd call  that one immediatism vs eventualism. The lack of an image, or
the presence  of a placeholder, reminds people that Wikipedia remains a
work in progress.  And placeholders do score us new free content.>>

A position against which I've never argued, by the way.
But what we're discussing here is actually not this, but rather, the  removal
of images where we do not have any  replacement.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)