[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

Todd Allen toddmallen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 20:47:24 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:43 PM,  <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

>  In a message dated 3/2/2008 12:37:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
>
> geniice at gmail.com writes:
>
>  If an  image can be replaced then it can be replaced. We can get by
>  without an  image untill a free one becomes available.>>
>

>  ----------------
>  Yes we know that your argument is to constantly beat the free drum.
>  That just isn't our policy.  We do allow fair use images, and that  isn't
>  going to stop based on this discussion.
>
>  Perhaps you can address the discord between our fair-use policy and your
>  position?
>

>  **************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL Living.
>  (http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/
>  2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

There is no discord there. Geni's assertion, that nonfree images are
never acceptable when it would be possible to replace them with free
ones, is correct. (Note that the converse is NOT true: a nonfree image
is NOT automatically acceptable just because it would be impossible to
replace.)

--
Freedom is the right to say that 2+2=4. From this all else follows.