[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 19:49:30 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/2/2008 1:47:54 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
geniice at gmail.com writes:

The  spirit of what we are trying to do is an irrelevance in this case.
It is a  question of law. The answer FWIW appears to be that it is an
issue of  contract law and no we've asked appears to be sure of  the
answer.>>

This is false.  Wikipedia policy is not writen based on actual  law.
It's an extension of what might be law, what may be law, some  interpretation
of law.
As all of us who worked on it know.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)