[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 10:57:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Brian Salter-Duke
<b_duke at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>  Sure you can take a picture of yourself with timing devices on a camera.
>  I understand the point above but this is not it. Also what about my wife
>  takes the picture and then hands over all rights to me?

enwp and commons take reasonable claims of self-authorship on faith
but refuse to take any claim of permission or rights transfer on faith
in most cases.

This has sometimes been taken to ridiculous extremes, even though it's
a reasonable rule in most cases (after all, we accept peoples' text
contributions on faith as well).

-Matt