[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 07:25:33 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/1/2008 6:14:03 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
nawrich at gmail.com writes:

You seem  to think fair use is a blanket excuse for using non-free content.
Under the  law, you might be correct. Under the WMF rules for EDPs, and  the
en.Wikipedia EDP... That is wrong. Its wrong now, its been wrong for  awhile,
and it will continue to be wrong for awhile longer. If you  disagree, try to
get the policy changed. Arguing that the policy is  something other than what
it actually is... Well, its a waste of your time  and ours.>>

------
Mis-characterizing  my position doesn't allow any position from  which to
argue.  So I'll just say that
I have never argued *against* the policy.  It's a false dichotomy to  say
"This follows policy" or "This is against policy".  It's the fallacy of  the
excluded middle.  There are many things which neither follow nor or  against
policy.

Will Johnson

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)