[WikiEN-l] More fair use image overreaching

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Mar 2 00:46:47 UTC 2008

Or look at this case I just wandered across today
_http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ben_Patrick_Johnson&diff=188122324&
oldid=188120374_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Ben_Patrick_Johnson&diff=188122324&oldid=188120374)

It should be fairly obvious that the *author* of a work, is trying to
display a picture of that work.
This man is, in fact the author.

It was speedy-deleted for "invalid fair-use" ?
Excuse me?
That's awfully tendentious editing.

"He was notified 48 hours ago..."
I suppose no one noticed that he hasn't in fact been editing for a  month.
Supreme silliness.
But even this example, I'm sure will get reactions of the person "was just
doing their job."

I suppose it's too hard to just edit the fair use rationale to say the
author of the work can certainly display their own work if they want.

Will Johnson

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)