[WikiEN-l] Dealing with photoshopped images?

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Mon Jun 30 16:27:58 UTC 2008

Chris Howie schreef:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Silas Snider <swsnider at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Interestingly, after viewing the original image, it actually looks as
> > though the baby image is taped onto the monitor using what looks to be
> > a strip of tape (the fuzzy line) (which would explain the image
> > extending past the monitor)
>
> This is possible, but it doesn't seem so to me.  The strip contains
> what appears to be colored random noise.  Not sure how you'd get those
> random colors from a strip of tape, unless it was really oily or
> something...

The noise on the strip of tape also seems to be much sharper than the
picture of the baby, which itself is sharper than the background.
Compare the text on the top edge of the monitor, and the text on the
Congraulations card.

Also, if it is tape, almost all of it is on the baby pic, and almost
none of it is attached to the monitor; not enough to keep the picture in
place. Also take a look at the lower edge of the baby pic: you can see
the edge of the monitor through it. It looks like it's been pasted on in
photoshop, with some transparancy.

Eugene