[WikiEN-l] NewYorkBrad leaving

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat Jun 28 22:07:10 UTC 2008

While I was researching *why* New York Brad was "forced to resign", since  no
one here seems to want to state that Daniel Brandt revealed his real name and
 the law firm for which he works ---- I found this interesting article.

_http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/06/wikipedia_and_overstock/page3.html_
(http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/06/wikipedia_and_overstock/page3.html)

While gives a big overview of the whole Overstock.com issue and related
topics.
I still have no *clear* idea of what naked short selling actually is....  but
wow what a lot of new topics to research!

Even ED doesn't really go into the whole thing in a way that makes the
issues clear.  They really need to hire a new writer, and the folks at WR  respond
in one or two short sentences to a whole lot of underlying detail.   Like that
one guy said "I see the crumbs, wheres the loaf of bread" in the whole
Alison-Amorrow "he's editing from where I work" fiasco.

I'm rambling.  It's just much easier when you edit from your own name,  and
have nothing to hide.  Linda Mack? MI5 ?  Google-Watch?

What happened to the Daniel Brandt article?  Is he not notable?

Will Johnson