[WikiEN-l] ArbCom Legislation

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 04:41:10 UTC 2008

The counter-argument might be that our purpose is not to protect our
readers, especially in the face of our policy which says that this sort of  privacy
only applies to things not "already widely disseminated."

And before you say that approach is immoral, I would say the
counter-approach can also be seen as immoral.  I certainly do not wish to  be protected from
the information I'm seeking, and I would see people who want  to do that as
engaging in censorship neither asked for, wanted, nor  warrented.

Jon Voight pleading for Angelina Jolie to reconcile with him, might be
embarrassing to him, or her, or a general reader.  But it's widely  disseminated
and we should be in the business of suppressing that information,  acting as
moral judges for the rest of the world.

Will Johnson