[WikiEN-l] Reversing admin actions, was: ArbCom Legislation

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Jun 18 18:22:43 UTC 2008

In a message dated 6/18/2008 5:31:27 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cbeckhorn at fastmail.fm writes:

Yes,  that's how it should be.  Unless there is agreement that an  admin
action is actually wrong, no other admin should reverse it simply  because
the other admin individually doesn't like it. This is simply a  matter of
respect for the original acting administrator, that they don't  take their
actions lightly and we don't reverse them  lightly.

Adminship is "not a big deal" because any admin action can be  undone
- admins can't permanently change things.  >>

It's not how it should be.  I smack you in the head, you have to go  get a
committee to condemn me for doing it, instead of just smacking you  back.

If you think there are admins who don't go around smacking people in the
head, you're wrong.