[WikiEN-l] Article specific blocks

Casey Brown cbrown1023.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:42:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has there been any discussion in the past about implementing article
> specific (or category specific?) blocks as a way of enforcing topic bans?
> I'm thinking that an article may have a list or log of blocked editors, so
> that an editor can be blocked from a specific article without blocking them
> more generally or relying on their good faith to not violate topic bans. Any
> thoughts?

I think Andrew Garrett considered working on such an extension at one
time and I'm pretty sure there are other extensions that might fulfill
this wish.  It would certainly be useful, just think of how many
Arbitration cases end with something about keeping editors away from
certain topics/articles. :-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023