[WikiEN-l] User:FritzpollBot creating millions of new

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sun Jun 1 18:00:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 11:47 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> The question that springs to mind is: what else can we get complete
> data on for bot-assisted article creation? Every state-level or higher
> politician in every country ever? What else?

The answer to that question as posed is very large, but the practical
answer is probably considerably smaller.  Cities got grandfathered in
before "notability" standards arose.  For example, there's lots of
public domain information on every 501(c)(3) charity in the United
States.  But would people accept bot-assisted article creation for
every one of them?  Other examples would be every company that does
business in Florida, every publicly traded corporation, every person
who died in the World Trade Center on September 11th, every domain
name, every public router on the Internet, every Perl module in CPAN,
etc.