[WikiEN-l] User:FritzpollBot creating millions of new

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 16:47:46 UTC 2008

2008/6/1 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>:

> <ref>precognitive vision</ref>
> Does that work? I don't have proof that its true, just a strong suspicion.
> It seems unlikely to me that two million articles that have gone 7-odd years
> without creation are going to be heavily trafficked by editors once they are
> created en masse.

They're being created with considerable human review and the active
involvement of the relevant country WikiProjects, which should help.

> a fair number of them, according to what I've seen and
> the debate on the proposal, are still not heavily modified ([[Nemacolin,
> Pennsylvania]] is an example).

I think a lot of that is that they look more substantial than they
are, because of the data being rendered as prose. There are still many
US town articles that have been substantially expanded but still have
an unedited blob of Rambot output in there.

- d.