[WikiEN-l] No-indexing of project-space pages

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 04:29:26 UTC 2008

In a message dated 7/30/2008 9:07:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dkatz2001 at gmail.com writes:

> It's not tolerated as much as a) it often takes longer to notice and
> b) the removal of BLP violations from an article often results in a
> debate on the Talk pages in which the BLP violation is not only
> repeated but expanded.>>

-----------

Ha.  Nice way to declare the defendent as guilty before the trial starts....

A declaration of a BLP violation is not a BLP violation.
Opponents will construe BLP in whatever way is necessary in order to win.
Any actual BLP violation can be simply deleted or oversighted as the case may
be, but the mere declaration that one exists can never be used to halt the
debate on whether one exists or not, why, how, etc.  It's a necessarily part of the
process.

Which is why WP;BLP was just a really bad mistake in the first place in my
opinion.

By the way, on that note, neither Shawn Hornbeck nor any of his
representatives has ever contacted me to complain about the article on him that I have up.

Will Johnson