[WikiEN-l] Printable version

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 00:41:07 UTC 2008

I don't usually use the Printable version button, but I've been trying it
lately, as a way to get copies of specific heavily-linked articles without
needing to wade through removing all the linking.

It seems faster than cutting-and-pasting the edit-text.  But I see no
purpose, in the "printable version" to us including all the navigation tools that
couldn't possibly benefit the user.  Why can't we, in the printable version,
remove the : list of languages, frame text and navigation phrases and *embedded*
picture captions.

About those picture captions, the way it's working now you see something
like: "The inside of the palace. And after his victory he sat down to a full
meal..."

It looks just a tiny bit silly, and makes no sense.  If the picture and
caption actually appeared as it does on the page the might be different.

Also the boxes like that About, and Succession Boxes and Ancestry boxes
appear all screwy looking.  Try for example the printable version of Henry VII King
of England.  See what I mean.  Where do I complain :)

Will Johnson