[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia as print source

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 21:40:55 UTC 2008

"The barber shaves every many who shaves himself."

The problem here is article and source, of if-you-will source and
meta-source.

We can certainly impugn a source using ad-hoc methods.  We have no firm
guidelines for how we credit or discredit a source.  So we can certainly state and
try to achieve consensus on the idea that this book is not itself a reliable
source.  If someone wants a *source* for that, they should realize they are up
on the meta level now, not in article space.

Will Johnson