[WikiEN-l] RFA idea...

Ron Ritzman ritzman at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 20:15:59 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Jon <scream at datascreamer.com> wrote:

> Simple Tally.  This list is a working list.  A place to float ideas.  I
> can post this off wiki.  I'm not asking for {{support}}, I'm asking for
> thoughts.  Like, is this crazy, or is this a good idea?

Yea, sometimes it makes sense to float it here for thoughts and
opinions before posting it on wiki for support. That being said,
here's something I have been tempted to propose to wt:rfa myself.

Some RFAs are top heavy with "optional" questions. I use the term
"optional" loosely because a candidate will get an assload of opposes
if he doesn't answer them. One of the most ridiculous ones was a
candidate being asked to write a Haiku. Next will probably come a
request for the candidate to upload an mpeg of him jumping through a
hoop.

My idea is to limit "optional questions" to those specific to the
candidate such as "can you explain this edit here" or "why did you use
the rollback tool here". Any general questions (that is, questions
that could be asked of any candidate) would have to be agreed upon by
consensus on wt:rfa and added to the template. In other words,
everybody gets asked about "cool down blocks" or nobody does,
everybody takes an AGF challenge or nobody does. Everybody writes a
Haiku or nobody does.