[WikiEN-l] Questions regarding Wikipedia users' motivation

Mehrotra, Niki (US - Chicago) nmehrotra at deloitte.com
Thu Jul 24 21:29:20 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am new to Wikipedia and am involved in an organization that wishes to
incorporate wiki-style features into an existing internal collaboration
tool.  I have looked into Wikipedia's structure and understand that all
processes related to quality control are completely self-driven on the
part of its contributors.  What do you think motivates the average user
to contribute as much as he or she does?  What incentive do the
individuals have to devote much of their time to monitor pages?  One of
our challenges will be getting our organization's members to use the
wiki once we roll it out. Thank you for your time and help.

Regards,

Niki

Niki Mehrotra
Enterprise Applications
Deloitte Consulting LLP

Tel: +1 312 486 1746
Fax: +1 312 247 1746
Mobile: + 1 847 946 2225
nmehrotra at deloitte.com
www.deloitte.com <http://www.deloitte.com/>

111 S Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
USA

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]